Nesting

I’m still here, still pregnant and officially on maternity leave as of 3 weeks ago! These past three weeks have gone by so fast, I’ve barely had time to relax. However now that I’m 2 weeks away from my due date I’m ready to enjoy these last few days Andrew and I have together before baby E arrives.

pool side

When I saw my midwife last I was already 1 centimeter dilated. I’m looking forward to my water birth if its anything like relaxing in the pool.

DSCN4907

In other news, both baby showers are over – Andrew and I were given many many wonderful things from family and friends. Then left to sort through it all, it took us a good week to get things figured out and put away. Now I just have to wash all the little clothes!

It seems like everyday I’m adding more items to our to-do list! I guess you could say I’m already nesting by all the cleaning and organizing I’ve done. However no harsh chemicals here! Being that I’m pregnant Clorox and other cleaning agents have found themselves kicked to the curb. We’ve even had our carpets professionally cleaned with a complete green organic company and its made a world of a difference.

DSCN5133

I’ve found that vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda equal the best cleaning solutions for just about anything! Along with a few magic erasers.

  • Mix 1 part vinegar to 2 parts hot water plus juice of one lemon and your tile floors will look beautiful along with your baseboards.
  • Equal parts Water and vinegar plus baking soda will clean your sinks, toilets, microwave, and shower. Mix the three ingredients to the same consistency as a thick frosting.
  • Want a clean cook top? Mix 1 cup baking soda, water, and liquid soap to the consistency of a thick frosting or paste. Scrub with a sponge and rinse with water.

You can find other recipes here.

DSCN5140

Yes that’s my hospital/diaper bag that’s semi packed. A few more things need to be added, but its sitting on my dresser ready to roll. That’s also a copy of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, I strongly recommend reading this once or twice if your going that route. Although I haven’t been able to use the information I’ve read, it seems very thorough and helpful. 

Now I can’t leave you without a baby room update. The dresser is 95% finished and in baby E’s room, Andrew has worked hard sanding and painting.

DSCN5148

Here’s a small peek along with the fabric I’m using for the crib skirt. As you can see the dresser did not end up getting painted blue!

2 comments:

Robin Johnson said...

Rest up my friend. That is one thing I wish someone would have told me before my first child.

Ada @ New York said...

Vinegar, baking soda, and lemon jouce ... ok, got it and will try it. Fabric looks lovely!!! I look fwd to seeing the reveal .. baby's room and baby!