Blueberry Bliss

I love the fact that spring is right around the corner. But I love even more that a majority of our garden is planted and growing like a weed in our little greenhouse, I can’t wait to cook and eat my own veggies and fruit.

Speaking of fruit I have a yummy recipe from Smitten Kitchen.

DSCN4733

Blueberry Crumb Bars

1 ½ cups white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 sticks of cold butter, cubed
1 egg
¼ teaspoon salt
Zest and juice of one large lemon
4 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen)
4 teaspoons of cornstarch

1. Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of white sugar, baking powder and flour. Mix the salt and lemon zest in a small bowl then add to the flour mixture. Using a fork or pastry cutter blend in the butter and egg. Dough should be crumbly. Pat half of the dough into the prepared pan.
3. In another bowl combine; sugar, cornstarch (I was out of cornstarch and used flour), and lemon juice. Gently mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberries evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until top is slightly golden brown. Cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting into squares.  
Recipe from: Smitten Kitchen

I’ve been eating these for breakfast and dessert with a little vanilla ice cream, they’re so good! Now go make some already.

0 comments: