Sew Domestic

As if I’m not already living “the domestic life” (which I’m very satisfied with), Andrew finally made things a little more domesticated!

No there isn't a big sparkly ring on my left hand, but I am a proud owner of a new sewing machine. A Brother innov-is 80 to be exact! Isn’t it wonderful?

DSCN0969I’m thinking “who’s this girl?” while driving to the store. I’m not going to lie – five years ago I never pictured myself all giddy over a sewing machine.

Being that neither of us ever set foot in a sewing machine store, we were both wide eyed at how much these things cost. I went there with one budget and left after I nearly paid triple my budget. But worth every penny!

I do have to say its been keeping me away from my china cabinet project. I have a running tab of all the sewing projects I’d like to attempt (attempt being the key word).

Does anyone else own a sewing machine or a new “crafty toy” and absolutely love it?

Have a beautiful day and before I forget, thank you thank you for all of the lovely comments about my upholstered footstool revamp, you all are very sweet!

8 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Such a coincidence to come across your blog today, for I just wished out loud for a sewing machine! Never in my life did I imagine I would be so domesticated, but I see all these cute clothes that I could totally sew for myself and my little crumb. Let me know how you like yours...

LindsB said...

I'm in the same boat as you with no big sparkly ring on my finger, but a new sewing machine does come in as a close second I have to say.

Room to Inspire said...

I received my first sewing machine for Christmas this year and I was thrilled! I can't wait to see all of your creations.

Chelsea

annalene said...

Stopping in from SITS, hi!

A sewing machine is the best thing ever... so much fun and really practical too. One of my favorite things that I own for sure!

Leslie Harris said...

I wish my sewing machine came with all of those bells and whistles! :D

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! :D

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Ooooh! That is a great one! You will love it. I just have a basic one but being able to do some of the more advanced functions would be great!

Dorothy Rimson said...

Very nice...great one...

Debbie said...

I have always had one! They are great.