L is for Love

Is it already February? Guess I’m a day or so behind with the kick off of Valentines goodies. The stores are filled with beautiful bouquets and treats, I went grocery shopping yesterday and just couldn’t help myself.

I’ve never really decorated for Valentines day, so this is all very new to me. I’m not a huge fan of red and/or pink in my home. I usually keep everything neutral, with some added blues and greens. A little here and there couldn’t hurt for the next 14 …err 12 days I suppose.

DSCN0788

With some left over paper and letters from another project I decorated my tin vase, and added some bright red tulips!

DSCN0780 DSCN0791

And I just had to make some red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting!

DSCN0776

DSCN0782

Well, this is my Valentines Day decor! Can’t say I’ll do much more decorating, maybe some baking here and there.

How do you decorate for Valentines day?

7 comments:

pve design said...

I want to make some large hearts to hang in my window and light some heart shaped candles, a few red tulips and listen to love songs....
pve

Chelle said...

I love cream cheese frosting. Never tried red velvet cake before though. Strange I know.

Stopping by from SITS

Maria said...

Well, I'm an Irish woman married to an Indian and living in India. St. Valentine's day is not really observed here, but you know, things are changing all the time. So maybe this year I'll do something. You've given me some ideas.

Found you over at SITS and just dropped in to say hello. I blog at gaelikaasdiary.blogspot.com.

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS! I love your blog name! And those cupcakes...I'm feeling the love!

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful vase! I love how you decorated it. The flowers compliment it beautifully. Thanks for stopping by my blog, just returning the favor from SITS. :)

Room to Inspire said...

Great vase - I love the tulips and the tag is perfect.

Chelsea

Sarah said...

Thank you Chelsea! Everyday the tulips are looking better and better because they are starting to open up a little. :)