A Poem for Halloween

Halloween is just around the corner, it crept up on me very fast this year.

We all know the love of chalkboard paint around here is huge (yes I’m speaking for all you ladies). So get your paint cans ready…

Dining room buffet Chalkboard poem

I found some scrap sheet metal laying around,  trimmed it down to size then spray painted with chalkboard paint. I was worried about my lines not being perfect or some what perfect so I used a ruler and a black sharpie to make lines on the board. The lines turned out well and you hardly notice them.

close up

Haunted House
There’s a house upon the hilltop
We will not go inside
For that is where the witches live,
Where the ghosts and goblins hide
Tonight they have their party
All the lights are burning bright,
But oh we will not go inside
The haunted house tonight
The demons there are whirling
And the spirits swirl about.
They sing their song to Halloween.
“Come join the fun” they shout.
But we do not want to go there
So we run with all our might
And oh we will not go inside
The haunted house tonight.
-Jack Prelutsky

I’m happy with everything that came together even though I wasn’t going for the black and white theme. The night of our Halloween party I’ll use the buffet as a bar…that way our guests can read the poem as their waiting for drinks.

Enjoy your weekend!

This project is linked to: DIY Show Off – Fall Festival, Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk, and debbiedoos

6 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Fantastic! How did you write so darn neat! I have the hardest time with that. Thanks for joining me...this was a great project.

cinnibonbon said...

Oh I think you did a great job!! I've always wanted a chalk board of sorts...I think your poem version is a fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing.

Amanda Lee said...

I love this poem -- too cute! That's a great idea to use a sharpie to create lines, by the way!

Erin said...

Great little poem, love the simplicity of your design scheme there:)

Sarah said...

Debbie, writing on the chalkboard was difficult. I just took my time...adding the lines really helped.

Roeshel said...

I love it! What a cute poem and great idea! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity in the DIY Fall Festival! ;)

Happy Halloween!

Roeshel